For the safety of our congregation and community and in keeping with the order from the State of Ohio there will be no in-person events at Royal Redeemer through April 30. If you need to enter the building, please contact the church office 513-779-4740 or Pastor John at 919-943-7082. If you are in need of assistance, contact Pastor Joel at 513-300-5017.
Check out our revised plans for Holy Week worship (Palm/Passion Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday) on the Events page of this website.
Toward the same goal of health and safety, we are closing our building to all except church staff and any essential volunteers designated by staff. We ask everyone else to please stay out of the church building at this time. If you have a critical need to enter, contact the church office during office hours or contact Pastor John after hours at 919-943-7082.
You may have seen by now the new Stay at Home directive issued by the State of Ohio, taking effect at midnight tonight. Page 5 of this order includes religious organizations as essential services, so Royal Redeemer staff and volunteers may continue to gather within the Safe Distancing guidelines outlined in the directive to offer essential ministries to our congregation and community.
For us, essential ministries that may require a few people to gather in the building include online Sunday worship staff and support volunteers, and online Wednesday evening study staff and support volunteers. We plan at this time to continue offering online worship and study events, being sure to care for the health and safety of everyone involved.
Our Lent study, On Bended Knee, will continue this Wednesday from 6:30-7:30pm, streaming on Facebook Live, as we study the prayer of Nehemiah in Nehemiah 1:5-11 and discuss what it means to pray boldly in times of need. Read Nehemiah 1:1-2:10 and join in the discussion! Go to https://www.facebook.com/events/565460897659001/
Worship this Sunday will stream on Facebook Live. For more information and links to worship-related materials and sites, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/348116702771719/
Our outdoor work day spreading mulch has been postponed. It is now scheduled for Saturday, March 28. We will continue to post updates on this.
If you are looking to gather with others for friendship and encouragement, consider joining in our Lent study gathering online this evening (Wed., March 18), from 6:30-7:30pm. Pastor John will be leading the timely presentation of David: A Prayer of Lament, as we learn from David what prayer can look like in times of struggle. You can join in through Facebook (even if you don’t have an account). I look forward to meeting you there. Click here to join this event: https://www.facebook.com/events/237490787382841/
Hope in Action will have bakery bread available at Royal Redeemer on Thursday, March 19 from 5-7pm. There will be a table in the foyer of the church. Come in, take what you want. We will lock the doors when the bread is gone or when 7pm comes. Please respect our space and don’t come in the church. Amy Tincher will be nearby if you need to talk or pray with someone. If you are experiencing any signs of illness, send someone healthy to pickup for you. We are doing our best to protect the staff of the church.
This is the initial RR Coronavirus update.
- For the health and safety of our congregation and community we are canceling Saturday worship this weekend and offering our two Sunday worship services as online events available through Royal Redeemer’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RoyalRedeemer/ We will be sending out worship materials in advance which will assist you in your worship at home. We were able to offer worship as a Facebook event for the first time last weekend and received very positive feedback from those who participated online.
- We are likewise canceling most scheduled events this week. We will be offering our Lent study on Prayer as a Facebook event on Wednesday evening from 6:30-7:30pm. The Saturday work day, working outdoors to mulch the church grounds, is still on.
- We are creating a page for our website where we will post links for online events as well as the latest updates on the impact of coronavirus at Royal Redeemer as well as our response.
- Our Care Team is working on a campaign to contact and check in with the more at-risk members of our congregation. We have had a good number of people offer to assist anyone in need.
- We are evaluating upcoming events such as Confirmation Day and the women’s retreat and will communicate as details become available.
- We have received no news of anyone at Royal Redeemer being infected at this time.